Saturday, February 9, 2013

Restaurant Week dinner and happy hour at District Commons

After the Afghan concert, my supervisor and I were really hungry and since it was Restaurant Week, we decided to have dinner at the nearby restaurant District Commons. This is my second time in the restaurant and considering that I do not eat out that much, I can say that they serve really good food for me to try it twice. In my defense, the other time was for brunch. This place is fancy enough to have different menus for brunch, lunch, dinner, bar and dessert.

What is Restaurant Week? 
This happens twice a year here in DC where restaurants offer a three course menu for a fixed price of $20+ for lunch and $35+ for dinner. People usually take advantage of this because restaurants that participate in restaurant week usually have entrees around $20-26 so restaurant week is definitely a good deal.

Since this dinner was unplanned, we didn't have a reservation which meant that we had to wait 40 minutes to get a table. So we waited at the bar. Their cocktails go at $10 and their wines around $6 and up per glass and we discovered that they have happy hour twice a day during weekdays: 4-6pm and 10pm until it closes. 

Here's what we had:

Butternut Squash Soup 


Grilled Salmon served on a bed of grits 


Roasted Duck cooked low and slow
served with squash and dirty rice bits
The serving was quite big that I had half of it to go. 

 Boston Cream Pie

 Banana Rum Chocolate Cake

The bar prides itself for having 99 different bottles of beer

 The Bar

Pacific Rim Mojito
(i had three!)

I will definitely go back to this place, if not for lunch or dinner, definitely for happy hour!

1 comment: