Thursday, January 31, 2013

post-mass chill time

Last sunday I was so lasy that I just wanted to hole up in my apartment. but I promised my former roommate that I'd meet up with her sister who happens to live near my university. So I went to Cathedral of St. Matthew the Evangelist for mass. The cathedral was very beautiful. I think that was where they had JFK's wake.

Anyway, after the mass, i met up with my friend's sister who introduced me to her other friends who also lived nearby. We had dinner at Shake Shack. this place used to be just a shack in New York that served burgers but eventually they expanded because their burgers were just so good. It recently opened a branch here in DC so I'm trying it out for the first time. They serve angus beef burgers but I think their patty is too thin. they have fries and a variety of drinks. Their dark hot chocolate is just too decadent. On my next visit, i intend to try their frozen custard.

For dessert, we headed to Pinkberry. I love how they let you try the different flavors before you get to order. plus they have a standard price for plain yogurt and with toppings, so you get to put as many toppings as you want. I got the Salted Caramel yogurt with Baked Sea Salt Bites, Granola Bits and Hazelnuts. I also liked the fact that they labeled the toppings with their calorie content so you wont be too tempted to get everything.












No comments:

Post a Comment