Sunday, January 20, 2013

Ice Cream Sunday

I've been trying out healthy living for a week now and a week without sweets/dessert is driving me nuts. So I decided to go to Costco and find a suitable treat for myself. I've been thinking cake, brownies and cookies but I just felt that the servings were just too much and they would only go to waste considering that I am alone. So I moved to the frozen foods section, They might have something there. So my choices were between Taste-it Tiramisu, Cheesecake from The Cheesecake Factory, Healthy Choice fudge bars, Haagen Daz Vanilla Milk Chocolate Almond Ice Cream Bar and Drumstick... 

Cheesecake got eliminated first, for the reason that its too fattening. Healthy Choice fudge bars next for the simple reason that somebody named it "healthy choice." Normally junk food labeled "healthy" would taste like cardboard and I'm trying to reward myself here so that's also out of the list. Drumstick is just drumstick, I could easily get them back home, so now its just between Tiramisu and the Ice Cream Bar. I really wanted to try Tiramisu, but my cheap side got the better of me and I ended up with the Haagen Daz Ice Cream Bar


This box of 15 bars is around $11.78 including tax which makes it $0.79 per bar which is equivalent to around PhP 33.00. Way cheaper than Magnum in the Philippines and I think this brand went extinct in Manila last year. 

I'm planning to have this as my weekly treat to self.

Back at the apartment now, enjoying the beautiful sunset from my window. 


Nothing still beats the Manila Bay sunset though. :)

1 comment:

  1. Weekly? Yikes! So the 15bars will last for 15 weeks? :) and nice view! Tried facetiming with you lastnight ( Manila time ) but i guess you were out

    ReplyDelete