Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Baker mode

Back in the day, I used to bake a lot. After school, I would whip up cookies and cakes before studying. Most of my allowance money would go to ingredients. This was all food network's fault. However as the years went by, I got older (yes, I really admit that I'm old) with more things to do that I had to put my hobby aside. But now, I have a lot of time in my hands, I could do the things that I want.

I heard that baking is quite difficult but its just all about following directions. if you are good at following directions, then you can bake. Its very precise, although I tend to tweak the recipes from cookbooks, maybe you can do this once you get the hang of it but in my opinion, I would always cut the sugar in half.

Today was a perfectly warm day. It's too good a day not to walk outside. Too bad its a wednesday so I normally stay in. But today, I went to harris teeter and got the necessary tools and ingredients for Salted Caramel Cupcakes.

Here's the finished product:



2 comments: