Sunday, January 27, 2013

Brunch=breakfast+lunch

I've started school and slowly settled down when my former professor commented on one of my facebook posts "let's meet up?" Apparently, she has been in DC for five years now. It is amazing how small the world is! She was my MATECO1 professor before and a few years after, I was already teaching the course. How cool is that? then again, after so many years you just eventually become friends. I feel so lucky that I have so many people here explaining how things are, where to go, what to do.

We decided to have brunch at District Commons. it was a very nice restaurant with an open kitchen concept. When we started, the place was almost empty but as lunch hour came, the place slowly got packed. It also is a good place to hang out after work/school. I had the pan seared salmon cakes benedict while she had the J&B breakfast hash. And we got dessert too! I havent had sweets in a while, i was actually avoiding them but this was just too tempting so we went for the Boston Cream Pie and Butterscotch Funnel Cake. The food was superb but the company was great.

I got a quick tour of Georgetown which was nearby, and the Potomac waterfront, which i recognize from watching USA Network's Covert Affairs.

Brunch is such a wonderful meal, especially when it extends all the way to 3pm. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment